C.I.D

C.I.D

Saturday 3 November 2012

Motors and neck

I have managed to get loads done today. I have sorted out the motor mounting brackets and mocked them up into the feet pods. The whole assembly is just about right now and in theory should just bolt together

Ride height is about 5cm which gives me plenty of ground clearance but does not look to high

There will be more cross bracing 

Starting on the head ring and neck. I am using a very cheap lazy Susan bearing the same as I have used on all my other Droids. This will provide the rotation, driven via a motor in the body.









Hopefully the diagram explains what I am trying to create with my pan, tilt and rotate head.
The universal joint is from a sock set, all I need to do is weld plates to the top and bottom and secure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment