C.I.D

C.I.D

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Main structure















I managed to get the legs glued together today and get a central wire fitted into the routed grove. This wire will be for under foot LED's fitted in the front feet. Now that the body and rear feet have been glued together I thought I might rough fit the whole structure together to see what it would look like. Also I needed to establish the angles for the front legs and positioning of the bolts that will fit it all together. You can see from the photos that I have placed the front casters in place to get an idea of the ride height. The rear and front legs will have 12mm threaded rod running right through the body giving the whole structure much more strength. I have decided that the front and and rear legs will not move so they will be bolted into place. What did surprise me about the mock up was the size of the T3-M4. Even without the head this is already looking like it will be a large Droid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment