C.I.D

C.I.D

Saturday 5 January 2013

LED's and test drive

































Ok, I have been busy and completed the water spray system and the compressed gas system. The blue LED's look good agains the fake carbon fibre black and even out doors show up well.
I have been trying to sort out the front wheels as the first problem has developed. The front wheels on all Astromech builds are problematic due to the fact that the wheels are just to small. The limitation is the housing the wheel has to fit into. I have made the front foot housings as big as I can get away with aesthetically allowing a large 100mm scooter wheel to be fitted on a caster base. Even though the rear wheels have enough power to drive over any surface the front wheels are just to small and dig in. I will eventually be able over come this by just driving backwards over very rough surfaces, however, this is not the main problem. On an R series droid there is only one front wheel and so it constantly stays in contact with the ground, but on the T3 are are two and on uneven ground one wheel at the front skims.
What I really need to do is fix one leg and allow the other to move slightly via some form of suspension, although at this point I dont know how to do this. I had a look at the front wheels to see if i could fit suspension to them but the problem is that I dont have enough space or it will lift the front wheels to high. This is a minor problem and is only and issue on very uneven or rough surfaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment