C.I.D

C.I.D

Sunday 21 October 2012

Starting work on the legs.




I had a bit of time today to do a bit more work on the T3-M4. I have decided to make the legs in a slightly different way from the original. Instead of the tubular cores, with a thin skin over the top I am going to make the legs solid. They will have sections cut out to give the illusion of the tubes running down the centre but will instead be made from two parts of 25mm MDF. This will add weight but give them huge strength. The motor and light cables will run down a routed channel in the centre of each leg. 
The motors and wheels have also been sorted out. Two 7.2Amp 115rpm wheel chair motors and 10" wheels. These should go over most terrain. The front wheels are as large as I will be able to go without making the front feet to big. I am going to start with two caster, however these will be modified and probably get new skate wheels.



No comments:

Post a Comment